October 14, 2008

Rick Money Passed Away

This was an e-mail sent out to everyone on our e-mail list. 

It is with a heavy heart that I send everybody this email.

Big Engine's first sound man, very close friend and former room mate, Rick Money died Saturday at his apartment in Orlando from what appears to be natural causes. Rick had a history of diabetes and high blood pressure.

Rick was a friend to anyone he met. He was also a very talented, dedicated, and hard working man with a wonderful sense of humor.

Rick was a large person and personality. He would often times get up at karaoke, slam a pitcher of beer, and floor the crowd with his version of "I Am Woman". That of course was before he learned that he was diabetic. We had so many good times together and helped each other through some bad times too.

Many of my favorite stories to tell involve things that we went through on the road together. I will miss him like a brother and he will always be in my heart.

I have been in contact with Rick's family and we will hopefully be able to organize a benefit to help with his final expenses in the near future. I will keep you all posted.

Please say a prayer for the Money family!
 
 
 
Tony Mikus

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved Rick Money, and am sad to hear of his passing. He was a terrific person and an even better friend.

    ReplyDelete